Thursday, November 18, 2004

Pop-Ups!

Does anyone know of a great FREE pop-up stopper? ... I have 3 going on my pc AND Ad-Wear, and I still get pop-ups coming through. These things are a pain to say the least. I don't look at the ads and all they do is slow down my PC and drive me bonkers. On a simuliar note does anyone know what are the min applications that the pc is req'd to keep open? When I goto 'task manager - processes' I hae a long list and open apps and I thought that maybe shutting some of those down will be helpful to my pc's preformance.

Any suggestions ? ~

2 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger DonSchenck said...

I usually don't help people who leave Lancaster for nice, warm climates, but ... :-)

I use Google's toolbar and it's pop-up blocker. Works pretty well.

Windows XP2 Service Pack 2 reported has a good pop-up blocker.

Switch to Foxfire (it's free!) as your browser.

RE: Task list

Google "Windows XP Annoyances" and have a blast reading.

All The Best,

-- Don

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Bob said...

Thanks, I hae google, pop-up stopper, Ad-wear and some other one. I had StopZilla, which was awesome, but it's $20 a year and I'm just to stubborn to pay that. I'll look into those suggestions asap.

As for leaving Lancaster it was really difficult to leave such a small town to live in South Beach, Miami Fl literally 3 blocks from the beach. Today, Nov 19th , it got down to a brisk 75deg w/ the wind chill, birrrrrr ... I might have to put my jeans on in a month.

thanks for stopping by and check out my friends site at Digital LiQuid. Although be warned, she usually has a lot to say 8p Honestly I don't know where she finds the time and topics LOL ..

-Bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home